The British Embassy Jakarta is currently seeking to fill the following vacancy
ADVISER ON CLIMATE CHANGE AND ECONOMY
a low carbon, high growth global economy is one of the key policy goals
of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas. To
promote the climate security agenda, the FCO is creating a new team
within the Embassy in Jakarta and regional South East Asia network of
staff whose priority will be to promote low carbon growth on behalf of
the British Government.
The jobholder will lead on our climate
security policy work focusing on the areas of energy policy and
outreach. She/he will be responsible for the energy portfolio and also
for the team communications and outreach strategy, work in a team with
colleagues based in the British Embassy Jakarta and the other British
Embassies and High Commissions in South East Asia, reporting to the
Team Leader based in Jakarta. The jobholder will work within the
Climate Change and Economy Section and working closely with colleagues
in the Political, Press and Public Affairs and Commercial Sections.
* Developing a strategy to deliver the UK objective of low carbon intensive energy policy in Indonesia.
Working with media, civil society, and business and government bodies
to promote lower carbon economic development in Indonesia and
persuading key stakeholders that a stable climate is essential for a
secure, prosperous and equitable future.
* Collecting information
and reporting on climate change and energy policy in including
vulnerability to climate induced changes.
* Promoting dialogue
between Indonesia and UK counterparts on the international climate
change negotiations, and persuading Indonesian interlocutors to support
an ambitious successor to the Kyoto protocol.
* Promoting UK, EU and wider UNFCCC programmes such as the CDM and CTF, designed to mitigate and adapt against climate change.
Identifying project opportunities to promote a lower carbon intensity
energy framework in Indonesia, and implementing this activity.
* Organising visits (both to Indonesia and the UK) for senior stakeholders related to climate security.
* Acting as a focal point on climate change related energy issues in the Embassy.
* Have significant expertise within the energy sector, preferably with a minimum 4 years relevant working experience.
* A degree (preferably Master degree) – Majoring in Science (e.g. Environmental Studies or related).
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
* Able to think creatively about how to achieve British Government low carbon objectives in the local environment.
* Able to work efficiently without close supervision, including managing projects.
* An enthusiastic and organised team player.
* A good understanding of climate change and energy policy is essential.
British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. It offers a
generous package of benefits including annual leave and medical cover.
The starting salary will be in the region of Rp. 9.000.000,-/month
(depending on qualifications and experience) + yearly bonus. Training
opportunities may also be available.
How to apply:
To apply please submit, a copy of your CV (maximum 3 pages), 2 references from previous employers, 1 passport size photograph and a letter explaining your suitability for this position to:
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be notified
Please note that all applications not sent to email address above will not be taken into consideration. Previous applicants need not apply.
The position is subject to achieving the necessary level of security clearance.
Deadline & Start Date:
Deadline for submission is noon on the 10 April 2009. We hope that the successful candidate will start work in early/mid of June 2009.
40000+ members and counting.
No Spam. No Ads. No Bull. Just plain job posts.
Join us, send a blank e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For jobs in India, send e-mail to: email@example.com
===================Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: